I couldn’t resist posting a few more Facebook groups people have brought to my attention since my previous post. Perhaps you will find this final installment amusing.
- I have ADOS ” Attention Deficit … Oooh, Shiny!
- I asked “What?” twenty times, so now I’m just gonna pretend I heard what you said.
- Third grade lied. I never use cursive.
- I hate when you’re about to drive into the driveway and your favorite song starts.
- Trying to finish a dream by going back to sleep.
- The word “epic” is overused!
- I hate when someone waves and I wave back when they were actually waving at someone behind me.
- Talking to someone and then realizing they are no longer walking beside you.
- Laughing so hard you don’t even make any noise.
- They’re not “suggested friends,” they’re people I’m intentionally avoiding.
- No Microsoft Word, I DIDN’T spell my last name wrong.
- I accidentally typed “;)” instead of “:)” and now it’s awkward.
- We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
- Today I caught myself smiling for no reason… then I realized I was thinking about you.
- I may be laughing while you tickle me, but I WILL kill you once you stop.
- For young, first-time voters, it’s similar to clicking the “Like” button, but with limited choices you don’t actually like.
Facebook is many things all at the same time: fun, controversial, insecure, synergistic, social, and risky. Friends I haven’t seen in years are now my Facebook friends, and it’s the quickest way to get in touch with some people, replacing email and phone calls.
There are all sorts of little groups you can join in Facebook. For example, I’m a big fan of Fun House Pizza on Noland Road in Independence. Whenever I’m there, I have to get one of their house combos. They have a Facebook group, and you can hit the “like” button. Instantly on your wall, it announces that Todd like’s Fun House Pizza.
There also happen to be other groups to “like” in Facebook. Many of them are humorous. I don’t join groups like that because I like to keep my Facebook relatively lean and mean, but here are a few of those groups I’ve granted a chuckle of recognition to.
- I stay up late every night, and realize it’s a bad idea every morning.
- I redo high fives if they weren’t good enough the first time.
- I daydream while I’m reading so I have to read parts over again.
- I don’t need anger management. You just need to stop pissing me off.
- I only check my voicemail to get rid of the little icon on the screen.
- Accomplishing something before the microwave reaches :00
- Hates the cold feeling you get when you step out of the shower.
- 63 notifications later, I regret liking your status
- I type “lol” and I have a blank expression on my face.
- Driving in the summer with the windows down and the music turned up.
- I never go to bed angry. I stay up and plot my revenge.
- Officer, I did see the speed limit sign. I just didn’t see you.
- I don’t feel like folding my laundry so I just restart the dryer.
- Hey, Cupid. Can you shoot both of us next time? Thanks.
- I hate when you put something in a safe spot so you don’t lose it, and then you can’t find it.
- I will carry 20 grocery bags into the house at a time to avoid making a second trip.
All of these are real Facebook groups you can join. Which strike a chord with you? Found any others worth a comment here?